Use Breakout Rooms
Breakout rooms on AllTakes are a great way to encourage collaboration and discussion during your live sessions. They allow the participants to meet in smaller groups, and are completely isolated in terms of audio and video from the main session.
Here are instructions for using breakout rooms on AllTakes:
1. Log into your AllTakes account and click the studio for which you’d like to start a live session.
2. From the studio space, select “Roundtable” to start the video call.
3. Once you and your members are on the call, you now have the option to start breakout rooms. *NOTE: Only Guides and studio managers have access to start breakout rooms during a live session.
4. To start breakout rooms, click on the Rooms icon at the bottom of the screen.
5. Click Add Room and add up to 10 breakout rooms for your session. After adding these, you and your members can click on the Rooms icon to see the breakout rooms.
6. If you’d like to send your members to breakout rooms, you can hover your mouse over each member’s avatar and click Send Participant to Room.
7. Your members also have the option to join a breakout room on their own by clicking the Rooms icon and selecting the room they’d like to join.
8. To bring members back to the main room, click on the Rooms icon and select the Close Rooms option. This option gives participants 30 seconds to return to the main room. They can return on their own or will automatically return to the main room after 30 seconds.
9. Your members also have the option to return to the main room on their own by clicking the Rooms icon and selecting Main Room, or clicking on “Leave Room 1”
A few notes on breakout rooms:
The chat feature is not exclusive to breakout rooms. Everyone in the studio will see chats.
Screen sharing is currently only functional in the main room, and will not work in breakout rooms
Recording a session is currently only possible in the main room. If you are recording a session and move into breakout rooms, the recording will end.
When the session is over, the rooms will disappear. You will need to set up new breakout rooms for your next session.
[Video of how to use breakout rooms is coming soon!]
If you are having trouble, please email email@example.com.